Tuesday 7 November 2006

Japanese Culture Week

I've been asked by one of my former students if I can eat Japanese food in the States. The answer, quite happily, is Yes! I can! In fact, some foods are made here in the States. For instance, Japanese rice is grown in California. I bought some miso that was made in California too. It was pretty good.
I made a proper meal--Pork Miso Soup, rice, and tea.




Is anyone else watching 14 sai no haha? Haruka told me about the series, so i went to Youtube and spent Saturday night watching the first 4 episodes. I'm glad we have things like Internet, so I can keep up with culture. I'm looking for three other shows-- Kazoku, Boku no aruku michi, and dari yori mo mama o aisu.


I also like the theme song from 14 sai no haha, Mr. Children's Shirushi. I've got it on mp3. If anyone wants it, e-mail me.

I got e-mails from my friends Kyoko Chan and Marui Chan. I was really happy to hear from them, as I hadn't heard from them since I left Japan. Everyone sounds well.

On American notes, November is a busy month here. I am going to conference next week in Mesa. I'm also working on a paper, and preparing two presentations. On Wednesday I will finish the First Aid course I started the last weekend in October.

There's only about a month and a half until I'm off to Cozumel. Yay!!!

No comments: