Sunday 5 November 2006

Saturday Fun

Today my roomie Haruka and I took a field trip. First we went to the 17th Street market, at http://www.treasureshidden.com/, and stocked up on some nice Asian foods. I was reminded of my friend Lee Sean's journey into the deep dark corners of New York, where he found Pad Thai and a whole damn block of nice foods. For a podunk place of Tucson's size, the selection at 17th Street was spectacular. I found daikon!

Then we ventured to two bookshops, where I found a few things to buy, and to White Trash Mart... oops, I meant K-Mart fall-apart, where I bought a frying pan. Yeah, I know. Great life.

I discovered a lovely Japanese restaurant close to my house, in this forgettable strip mall, called Yamato. We had a kendo party there last Tuesday, where I enjoyed a Sapporo and katsudon.

The end of the semester is coming up really fast, and I'm spending my time wondering how the hell to get everything done...

No comments: