Saturday 2 August 2008

Arrived safely!

Al hamdu lillah (thanks be to God), I have arrived in Japan safely, with no more problems. It is funny how, as I was riding the train today to my hotel in Osaka, in many ways I feel like I have never left. Which is true in quite a few ways. After I left Japan to return to the States, I mentally spent most of my time in Japan still. And when I got my job in Doha, I had promised myself that my first home leave would be back to Japan.

Emirates hasn't stopped with the service yet. When I got off the plane in Osaka, I saw a JAL lady holding a sign with my name on it. I identified myself, and she gave me a bilingual letter from Emirates (stamped and everything) as an official certificate that I had been delayed on my flight.

In Doha, a representative came to the lounge to tell me that everything had been set up for me no problem, and also gave me the airline printout showing 'involuntary rerouting'. Just in case I have any problems.

So far, I checked into my hotel tonight, and there were no problems whatsoever with the change.

2 comments:

AM said...

Glad you made it safely. Have fun :)

namabiru said...

Cheers am!