Wednesday 20 June 2007

Scuba gear change-up

The most interesting piece of news I have today is I get to change my octo. setup. I'm diving an Aqualung Titan with Aeris Atmos2 computer console and Oceanic Integrated Octo which I purchased for a ridiculously low price. However, I went through Rescue Diver, and found that I didn't care for the Integrated Octo. So I finally decided to do something about it.

I'm purchasing an Aqualung ABS Inline octo from another diver for a ridiculously low price, so I can finally jettison the Integrated Octo.

Now I just have to find someone to sell the Integrated Octo to... they may be good for occasional recreational divers, but certainly not for advanced diving.

I'd also love to go metric on my console, as I prefer to work in metrics. After all, every other country in the world uses them, and that's how I learned to dive. Even now, I tend to think in meters when diving. Honestly, who understands feet anyway? I could switch out my computer, as I can choose imperial or metric measurements, and just purchase a new console. Eventually...

I'm planning to research local dive conditions and perhaps put together an inexpensive road trip to go diving, once I get my equipment all configured.

No comments: