Friday 2 February 2007

Dojo surprise

I received a really cool honor tonight at my dojo, from
Shito Ryu Karate Do Genbu Kai. It was completely unexpected. Perhaps your first thought is "but you don't practice karate too, do you?" No, I don't. I practice kendo, and I've practiced muso shinden ryu iaido before, but I'm currently not active in it.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago the president of the Shito Ryu Karate Do Genbu Kai, Demura Fumio Sensei, came to our dojo to work with the karate club. He's a really powerful sensei, having worked with many famous martial artists. But before he came, we spent time preparing and cleaning the dojo. I helped, because that's what you're supposed to do, and it's my dojo.

But tonight I received this certificate of appreciation for contributing time, effort and spirit to the dojo. Corlew Sensei (the karate sensei) said that I set a good example through my work. I was really touched.

No comments: