Monday 20 November 2006

Weekend Warrior

Today was the last day for my IRLS 588 class. This was the one called "Native American Perspective in Museums". I had a great time this semester, and met some wonderful people. Some people weren't even SIRLS students, but were taking the class because it sounded great.

As part of our final project, we had to build a webpage for ourselves. The work was just for us, and wasn't being published on the Internet, but our group used Geocities. So you can go look at our work--just follow the link. http://www.geocities.com/kingfan666
Tomorrow I'm going to Sells, Arizona, with the visiting Japanese librarian. In preparation, I made some business cards. No, they're not the absolute best, but they're not bad. I found a box of business card sheets in the SIRLS building today, just sitting there unattended in a pile as though they weren't too important, so I borrowed a couple of sheets to make cards. Now, before you lecture me about taking things that don't belong to me, I can argue that they *do*. After all, I've paid a King's Ransom to the college thus far, and didn't see the need to purchase a box of 100 sheets for $16 when I only needed a few cards for now and forgot to look at Walmart for a smaller box when I was there last, so there...

Yes, I know, it's sort of basic, and not the most professional of cards, and usually cards have more contact information. But it's more useful in case my contact information should change, so that's why I only included an e-mail address. At the conference, I saw two other students who had made their own business cards, and they were like this too. Only Tracy used a book, which makes sense since we're librarians, but I wanted to step away from the norm. I liked the pagoda because then people might remember me a little more easily. And it's just something different.

No comments: