Friday 25 August 2006

So this week's been busy. I got started in my courses, and found two jobs. They're both working at the library, which should be fun, but they're both low-paying. One is shelving and doing related shelving work, and the other is in the Japanese collection, ordering and receiving materials. I didn't have to have a lot of Japanese knowledge to do the job, just basic reading skills. So that's kind of cool, and good experience to put on my resume.

I started kendo practice on Tuesday, and it was good to get back into the dojo. We practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays. There are a lot of beginning kenshi, which is good. I had a lot of fun at practice, but I miss my dojo in Japan a lot.

I have to do a research project for my linguistics course, and I'm either going to study Japanese dialects or Singapore English, known as Singlish.

I also made a big life decision. I'm not going to graduate next May. I'm going to do 6 6 6 instead of 9 9 and graduate next December. I want to work and enjoy school a little more while I'm here, and also take advantage of what's on campus. There's really quite a lot to take advantage of on campus, as long as you're proactive.

No comments: