Wednesday 9 August 2006

Country Western Song

Today was a country western song.

I was trying to get parking at UA and couldn't, I had a test to write, I couldn't decide on a car, and then to top it all off my computer died. The LCD or some damn thing went out, I dunno.

So here I am at my cousin's house finishing the test (thanks again Rick and Janece!), and decided to blog for just a minute.

I'll go down to AZ sometime the end of this week, probably Friday at this point. I need a break. Got the test done, and the car bought. I'll try to get pictures up sometime. It's an awesome 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix, 4-door, spoiler, full sunroof, CD, etc. Nice! The trunk's huge, you can put lots of booze in it. Or a dead body. Or both. I dunno.

Got the parking all sorted too. I forgot how inaka (rural) we were. I had to go all over Pleasantville to find a fax machine. I was grateful, though, the bank graciously faxed my page for free no matter how many times I offered to give them money. It was cool!

My roomie Audra likes beer too, so we'll be good friends I'm sure. She's from Virginia, and spent 5 months in Argentina, so we have lots to talk about with reentry into the States, horse United attendants, etc.

I miss my kendo teammates a lot. I'll try to get a photo up forthwith. They gave me a Do, and some really great photos.

Talked to my friend Chloe, who is having chemo for cancer. I hope to see her before I leave, and maybe drink some Huckleberry wine from Latah Creek (http://www.latahcreekwinery.com).

Also talked to my friend Lee Sean, who was also a dancing bear (ALT) in Nakatsu. He's in Scottsdale, a suburb of Phoenix. So hope to be able to keep up with him a bit now that we're back in The World. He was saying he knew right away if Japanese rice was Japanese rice or not. I told him to call on that fraud. How dare they call it Japanese if it isn't.

Doing okay, just still a bit tough. Will try to blog more when I get to AZ.

No comments: