Thursday 15 June 2006

World Cup Fevaa!

So I've been faithfully following the World Cup. I hope England wins! In fact, I've been following it enough that I was able to have an intelligent-sounding conversation with a football nut today on my keitai. And this is coming from someone who knows very little about football. Tonight there are two matches. I'm exciting!

Today is kind of a sad day. My friend Tokusan's (Tokumaru Sensei) father passed away on Tuesday. He had cancer though, quite extensively. I know that in the end he couldn't do much, though. Wednesday we went to the greeting, and the family was sad. Yet, at the same time, they looked quite at peace too. Especially Tokusan's mother.

The funeral was today. I only met Tokusan's father once, 3 years ago, but it appears that he touched a lot of lives. They had to set up more chairs in the funeral home for people to sit. There was a nice video with different photos showing his life. Then the priests gave the funeral chants. Tokusan's oldest daughter (she's 8) read a really nice letter she wrote, talking about when they walked to yochien (kindergarten) together, and then Tokusan spoke. I saw today how similar Tokusan is to his father, as Tokusan talked about how his father loved people, and in his final days a lot of people came to visit him and he was very happy.

No comments: