Saturday 14 February 2009

The sky really WAS falling...

Like the time-honored Chicken Little story, where the sky is falling... well...

In Doha we've had blue sky, dusty sky, moldy sky, and now... falling sky!

Image and report courtesy of Qatar Idols, from Qatar Living.




Part of City Center Crashes
Qatar Idols's picture
By Qatar Idols on Sun, 01/02/2009 - 5:22pm

DOHA City Center - one part of City Centre on the 2nd Floor (behind Debenhams near the rest room) crashed down this morning at around 10am.

One Filipina worker who is about to go to work and one Nepali cleaner were running and screaming while the ceiling in 2nd floor were about to crash. It sounded like an earthquake and was a strange feeling when that whole part of ceiling in 2/F totally landed on the floor (in front of Nour Boutique & Otife Coutour).

My dear friend Yroll called me at 10:21am and asked me what happen because he knows that I am working nearby the incident. I answered that I am in the parking area already and about to leave the place. He was at Carrefourre when he called me (for some outside job) when he heard the crash inside Carrefourre. He went out and was supposed to visit me & check what really happen when he witnessed the big ceiling crash and land.

Thank God nobody got hurt by accident.

No comments: