Tuesday 15 January 2008

Doha floods



We are having floods in Doha. I wish I were kidding. Last Friday the long-awaited rain came, and it's hardly stopped raining since. The rain ranges from drizzle to out-and-out downpours. As the storm drains aren't really set up to take water to begin with, and aren't cleaned out, they get clogged with sand.

They're saying we could see a nighttime low of 6 celsius tomorrow night.

If it freezes here, I don't even want to get on the roads... things are already crazy enough, and to add in people who don't know how to drive in adverse weather...

2 comments:

Kel said...

Amen sister. Although I'm loving the cold, I have enough warm clothes and can't knit that fast! :)

namabiru said...

Especially with crackpot patterns, which cause you to have to abort and start over again...