Saturday 6 October 2007

Towers, Holes and Cranes





It isn't often that someone can say they're living in a city which is literally being built around them, but that's what's happening in Doha. When I look out my windows at the West Bay and beyond, I see a lot of half-constructed high-rises, holes for new ones, and cranes.
I am not sure what many of the buildings are to become.
In the first photo, though, off the City Centre, I do know that is to become a Shangra-la hotel. Then, in the third photo, you can see the bottom of what will become the Marriot/Courtyard Marriot off the other side of City Centre.
In the second photo, much of this is reclaimed land.

2 comments:

Jocelyn and Tony said...

I think some of the kids growing up in Doha will get the impression that all buildings naturally have cranes perched on the top of them...Tony

http://marhaban-qatar.blogspot.com/

namabiru said...

Hahaha, I'm sure. And that it's quite normal for young men to have shiny new Land Cruisers and other assorted expensive toys.