Wednesday 11 July 2007

Qatar trip!

I got some news on Monday from WCMC-Q, and I will be going to Qatar on Friday. My interview days are Sunday-Monday, with a free day on Tuesday. In Qatar, the business week goes from Sunday-Thursday, so this is why I'm working on a Sunday. I have to prepare a presentation though. The window is 45 minutes, so I was thinking if I could get 30-35 minutes, and leave time for questions/feedback, that would work well. I don't have a solid theme yet, but I am going to talk about some of the work I did with Japanese collections, particularly the cataloging end. I've got access to a lot of databases, so I can research. I've already done some research, though, as I wrote a short essay for my cataloging course on the difficulties of cross-lingual information retrieval when the second 'lingual' is a non-Roman language.

No comments: