Friday 6 October 2006

Injuries

I couldn't resist... here's my latest war wound from Kendo. Well, actually, it's been an ongoing war wound. I got hit there at my first practice in August, and it's been a given that I'll get hit on the right hip again...
It was just a regular purple bruise--tonight I got hit 4 times so it became reddened.
We do wear protective wear, but this is what happens when you aim too low when hitting do...


My pleasure reading for this week is Comrades and Strangers by Michael Harrold. Harrold was the first British citizen to be invited to live in North Korea. Most of my friends know I have this fascination with North Korea, and about learning about the most isolated country in the world, so when I was walking down the stacks one day while paging this caught my eye.
I'm also reading My Life by Bill Clinton. It's actually quite interesting. While Clinton may have done some unsavory things, it's interesting to read his thoughts.

No comments: